Anyone who has ever blogged knows or can understand how easily it can turn into an obsession, and the signs of compulsive over-blogging are well known and documented.
What I want to know is how do you know when you have been off the blog for too long?
- When you can’t remember your admin password and you fear that you may be locked out forever?
- When the last comment that you had on your blog was:
“*coughs* *taps on the screen* hello hello? anyone at home???”
- When it dawns on you that your internal dialogue is no longer carried out in blog prose?
- When you start taking photos with no apparent angle for your blog? And you stop mentally captioning them?
- When you stop writing down the funny things that your kid says for your compendium style blog post entitled “Out of the mouths of babes” or something similarly clever and original?
- When you stop taking photos of every thing that comes out of your oven or makes an appearance on a plate near you?
- When you realise that you have galloped through drama series after drama series (The Tudors, The Borgias, Rescue Me, Lie to Me, Dexter etc.) on Netflix while cooking in the evening rather than blogging, tweeting, pinning and facebooking over a hot stove?
- When you sneeze and pee your pants and your first thought isn’t to run straight to your laptop to write about it, but rather to go and change your knickers?
- When you start gschmoogling phrases like “lost my blogging mojo” (er, people have written whole books on this subject, who the hell knew?) and “blogger burn-out”?
- When you stop thinking in lists of 10, 7 and 5?
Yup, this is me. Trying to get back into the blogging saddle after a few months of distractions and apathy, action and inaction, and a general re-jigging of priorities up Bibsey mountain (which got caught up in a rather ferocious hill fire yesterday – more on that later maybe). I said something funny the other day (I amused myself anyway. Can you imagine how the hot summer days just fly by?) and thought “ooo there’s a post in there somewhere” and allez hop I am on the blog again.
Have you been here? What finally pulled you out of your blogless reverie?