And this would be my first contribution to Friday Club …
These are the five things that I want my daughter to know:
1. That I spent the fifteen years, más o menos, before you were born having a big old party and I don’t regret about 99% of it. In fact, having a big old party was how I met your Daddy. So go forth and have fun baby. And remember, everything in moderation.
2. That I love to sing. In fact this morning, while waiting to hear about the birth of your new cousin, I sang my heart out to the Moulin Rouge soundtrack with you firmly perched on my hip. We were on tenterhooks darling, although I don’t think you knew it.
3. That it is always good to have a dream. Dreams may change and that’s ok. Allowing yourself a little time to have big dreams is half the battle. I dreamed of having a beautiful little girl…
4. That you should never underestimate the importance of pelvic floor exercises. Learn this. Start them early and keep going. For reasons that will become more and more apparent as you get older.
5. Quite simply that I love you with all my heart.
To you from me Little B.