Right back at the beginning of June I was tagged in a Meme called ‘Why?’. The idea, as I understand it, is a kind of parents’ revenge. I am guessing that some poor beleaguered blogging parent, under siege by some super-inquisitive and persistent child armed with the word ‘Why?’, decided to throw a few ‘Whys?’ back into the mix to see where it got them.
Before I crack on I would like to make a little mention of the lovely blogger who tagged me in the WhyFest. jbmumofone is one of that fabulous friendly brand of blogger who always make you feel welcome. I got to know her a little bit better when we were both involved in the Arsefoolery that was Blogging from A-Z in April. The only other thing that I should mention is that she does a great line in odes to beverages. Here’s one.
My child has not really reached ‘Why?’ yet. She is still very much enjoying the snug fit that is afforded her by such words and phrases as:
“What’s that noisy, Mummy?”
“I need it”
She wears them well.
Nevertheless, I am game for this Meme. So, here are my ‘Whys?’. Let’s run ‘em up the flag pole and see if the cat licks them.*
- Why do you fight sleep at naptime when you are quite clearly at the end of your sweet little rope baby girl?
- Why can you not just sit in your cot and read your lovely books for the time in between when you wake up and when I can face dragging my old carcass out of bed?
- Why do you insist on eating your cereal with your hands? If that is what God had intended he would not have given us the hands to build spoons. Obv.
- Why do we have to go through the same charade every morning: you pull me out of bed with the promise of breakfast then refuse to go down the stairs, preferring instead to sit at the top, until I go downstairs at which point you cry and insist that I return to carry you down. You then refuse to open the shutters, but don’t allow me to open them. We then have tears when I either open the shutters or put on the light. Next we move on to the dance that is choice of cereal and attitude to milk: will I, won’t I? WHY?
- Why is it that your answer to everything Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn-o?
- Why do you think that I want your bogies? I’ve got my own.
- Why are you so impossibly gorgeous, even when you are having the screaming habdabs? Even when I am angry? Even when you have done a big old poo in your nappy and decide to take it off yourself?
Oh and one more question. WHEN will I be allowed to go for a poo on my own? Erm, sorry, ‘When?’ is clearly another post.
Oh, and here is a fab clip of Norah Jones and Elmo that someone reminded me of recently. It’s all about Why.